Wednesday, August 21, 2013

narrative tenses


Name: ___________________________________________

Narrative Tenses

1. ..........when you got up this morning.

  1. Did it rain.             B) Was it raining

2. A: What ............yesterday evening? B: Nothing special.

  1. did you do             B) were you doing

3. I was really hungry yesterday evening because I ............ anything since breakfast 

  1. didn't eat                  B) wasn't eating          C) hadn't eaten

4. I ............at the bus stop when Dave came by in his car and gave me lift.

  1. waited.               B) was waiting

5. I was really tired last night so I .............. .

  1. went.                   B) was going.                C) had gone

6. We got to the cinema late and the film ..............  .

  1. already started.  B) was already started. C) had already started. 

7. Tom and Alice ................ for ten years when they decided to get divorced.

  1. had been married.     B) were married.      C) are married

8. "Have you ever been to New York?" The girls ask me if I ............. to New York.

  1. was ever been.      B) ever go.    C) had ever been.    D) have ever been

9. "Can you remember what that man you saw coming out of the bank .............
         madam?" the police asked the old lady.
  1. was wearing.       B) wore.       C) had worn.    D has worn

10.  A: Why don't you wear your red dress to Tom's party? B: Oh no! I ............
             that to Jim's party last Saturday. 

A) had worn.             B. wore.        C) has worn.  

No comments:

About Me

My photo
support blogs for english learners.
Powered By Blogger