Monday, August 12, 2013

Embedded Questions





Embedded question "New English File" Unit 1A

A question within another question or statement.

Used to soften or make it less abrupt.

Regular question:                                          Embedded question:

What time is it?                                                Do you know what time it is?


Regular statement:                                          Embedded question:

I don't know her name.                                     Sorry I don't what her name is.


Main questions:                                                  Embedded question:

Do you know                                                         What

Do you remember                                                 Where

Can you tell me                                                    When

Could you tell me                                                  Who

Statements:                                                           Embedded:

I don't know                                                             Why

I can't remember                                                      How

I'm not sure

Please tell me



No comments:

About Me

My photo
support blogs for english learners.
Powered By Blogger